June 20, 2012

013. adventures in baking.

Today I made a Red Velvet Cheesecake. A few months ago my good friend Elysha brought home Red Velvet Cheesecake form the Cheesecake Factory and I've been craving it ever since. I've never made a cheesecake before so this was definitely something new for me. I used this recipe from from Recipe Girl. I made everything from scratch except for the actual cake, which I used a box mix for, because the last time I tried to make red velvet cake it was a complete disaster. I also made some whipped cream to put on top because yum. Here is my finished product!



And now here is day 2 of my photo challenge: A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest.
 
This is me and my little sister. I was going to post a picture of me and Sara, but we apparently have no pictures together. My sister is 8 years younger than me and, until she turned about 13, we didn't get along at all. But now we're pretty much best friends!

2 comments:

  1. So.. about how that cake looks fantastic & I don't even like cheesecake. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooooo good. The good part is you can eat around the cheesecake if you don't like it.

      Delete